Luxating Patella Surgery
Medial patellar luxation (MPL) surgery is performed to correct the luxation, or "popping out" of the kneecap (called the patella). A luxating patella is caused by a congenital malformation which creates abnormal forces on the kneecap, causing it to slide out of the groove (called the patellar groove) in which it normally sits.
A luxating patella is one of the most common knee joint abnormalities in dogs. It is a condition common in small breed dogs.
How much does Luxating Patella Surgery cost?
The all inclusive fee is $2,100.00
- Intake Physical Examination
- Pre-Anesthetic Bloodwork: CBC, full chemistry panel, clotting profile when indicated
- I.V. Catheter
- I.V. Fluids
- Pre-Anesthetic analgesia drugs
- Preoperative imaging (radiographs)
- Anesthesia induction drugs tailored to the individual patient
- Local or regional pain control (epidural)
- Anesthesia Maintenance on isoflurane
- Anesthesia monitoring by: EKG, CO2 end tidal, O2 saturation, Blood pressure, body temperature
- Luxating Patella Surgery
- Postoperative imaging (radiographs)
- Post-surgical recovery monitoring
- Post-surgical therapy laser treatment
- Hospitalization as required
- Take home medications
- Recheck appointments