Hemilaminectomy including Rehabilitation
Hemilaminectomy is a surgical procedure used in dogs to correct slipped or herniated discs in the thoracic and lumbar spine. Hemilaminectomy is recommended for severe and recurring cases. CT scans are performed to identify the location and severity of compression on the spinal cord.
Potential complications from hemilaminectomy include trauma to the spinal cord, hemorrhage, infection and instability. The prognosis with the hemilaminectomy procedure is often good, but it depends on the pre-surgical condition of the pet.
Recovery time is variable. We offer rehabilitation therapy to aid in the recovery process.
How much does a Hemilaminectomy including Rehabilitation cost?
The all inclusive fee is $3,900.00
- Intake Physical Examination
- Pre-Anesthetic Bloodwork: CBC, full chemistry panel, clotting profile when indicated
- I.V. Catheter
- I.V. Fluids
- Pre-Anesthetic analgesia drugs
- Preoperative imaging (CT Scan with Myelogram)
- Anesthesia induction drugs tailored to the individual patient
- Anesthesia Maintenance on isoflurane
- Anesthesia monitoring by: EKG, CO2 end tidal, O2 saturation, Blood pressure, body temperature
- Hemilaminectomy Surgery
- Post-surgical recovery monitoring
- Post-surgical therapy laser treatment
- Hospitalization as required
- Take home medications
- Recheck appointments