Juvenile Pubic Symphysiodesis
Juvenile Pubic Symphysiodesis (JPS) involves the fusion of a growth plate within the pelvis and is ideally performed at 4 to 5 months of age. All bones have what are called cartilage growth plates, which are how the bones form their shape and length. Fusion, or stoppage of growth, of a growth plate will alter the shape and development of the affected growth plate and bone.
JPS alters the pelvic development with the ultimate result of the ball and socket fitting more “tightly,” therefore, decreasing the potential amount of future hip arthritis.
How much does Juvenile Pubc Symphysiodesis cost?
The all inclusive fee is $800.00
- Intake Physical Examination
- Pre-Anesthetic Bloodwork: CBC, full chemistry panel, clotting profile when indicated
- I.V. Catheter
- I.V. Fluids
- Pre-Anesthetic analgesia drugs
- Preoperative imaging (radiographs)
- Anesthesia induction drugs tailored to the individual patient
- Anesthesia Maintenance on isoflurane
- Anesthesia monitoring by: EKG, CO2 end tidal, O2 saturation, Blood pressure, body temperature
- Juvenile Pubic Symphysiodesis Surgery
- Postoperative imaging (radiographs)
- Post-surgical recovery monitoring
- Post-surgical therapy laser treatment
- Hospitalization as required
- Take home medications
- Recheck appointments